LUIGI BOZZOLAN (Rome1978) // currently based in Gällivare, Sweden - Laponia.
Pianist, composer, music teacher and project leader, Luigi divides his time teaching and performing. He is unanimously recognized for his fine sense of harmony, brilliant technique and strong artistic personality. Recently he steers his professional activity toward solo concerts and piano solo works.
Luigi Bozzolan starts his professional artistic career in Italy at the age of 16 playing in several festivals and tours in pop, rock and jazz contexts playing for a long time piano, keyboards, synthesizers and Fender Rhodes piano as side man. In Italy he studied classical music and earned a Bacherlor Degree in -Jazz - at the Conservatory of Music "L.Refice" in Frosinone.
From 2008 as project leader he starts to extend his concert activity touring in Europe and all over the world ( Italy, Morrocco, Gabon, Cameroon, Poland, Germany, Slovakia, Guatemala, Columbia, Perú, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Kenya, France, Danemark, Switzerland, Sweden...) as soloist, leader and co-leader in Jazz-Impro-Contemporary areas.
He stably played for many years in duo with the saxophonist Eugenio Colombo whom he touring with.
In 2010 he moved in Göteborg (Sweden) where he got the Master Degree in Improvisation at the Academy of Music and Drama ARTISTEN. During those years he weawes collaborations with many local artists around Brötz Club playing many gigs, leading the New Impro Ensemble and Luigi Bozzolan Swedish Trio.
In January 2013 he receives from the Conservatory of Music "L. Refice" in Frosinone the grants "Working with Music 2013", having the chance to work as pianist and member staff at Brötz Association in Göteborg (Sweden).
- As permanent teacher, he leads piano courses and multi-style ensembles at the Kulturskola in Gällivare.
THEORY, DIDACTIC and TEACHING
Simultaneously to the artistic path, he also starts teaching at the age of 20.He taught Classic Piano, Jazz Piano, Improvisation, Harmony, Theory of Music, Arrangement, History of Music, Ensemble and Ear Training as private teacher and at schools of Music in Italy- Rome and Turin. He is often invited lecturer on Improvisation and Jazz (Guatemala, Argentina, Italy and Sweden).
Currently Luigi is appointed teacher in piano and music at Kulturskolan in Gällivare - Swedish Laponia.
- Invited speaker at the Italian Institute of Culture in Cordoba (Argentina) – “Relations between Improvisation and Composition”
- Invited speaker at the Teater of Guatemalan Institute of Culture in Guatemala City (Guatemala) – “Improvisation as method of Composition”
- Lecture-seminar at the Academy of Music and Drama in Gothenburg (Sweden) – “ Brillant Corners (Thelonious Monk) and Digression (Lennie Tristano) : analysis and comparison”.
- "Brillant Corners (T.Monk)- Digression (L.Tristano ) Analysis and comparison" (English, Italian)
- "Luca Flores: pianista di jazz" (Bachelor Degree thesis , Italian)
- "Extemporaneous methods of composition and creative mechanism of improvisation" (Master project, English)
- "New Impro Ensemble experience and the disc Hem Ljus Luigi Bozzolan Trio, Solo, Ensemble" (Master Degree project, English)
He writes articles in the web blog A proposito di jazz directed by the journalist Gerlando Gatto.
NIO (Norrbotten Impro Orchestra), Gino Robair, Martin Joseph, Jonny Wartel, Henrik Wartel, Alfred Lorinius, Johan Hjalmarsson, Olli Rantala, Johan Renman, Andreas Wartel, Johan Horner, Aaron Diaz, Simon Petermann, Malin Wättring, Nicolay Vassilev, Johanna Östling, Eliazer Kramer, Alberto Garcia De Leon , Michele Collins, Lief Moxon-Emre, Jerker Johansson, Urban Isaksson, Markus Larsson, Pernilla Fagerlön, Torbjörn Ömalm...
- Tele Radio Stereo "Jazz a nota libera" conducted by Massimo Nunzi.
- Radio Rai 3 Suite "La Stanza della Musica".
- Radio Rai International "Taccuino Italiano" conducted by Pierluigi Castellano.
- Radio Rai International conducted by Ugo Coccia.
- As pianist, Prize 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 etiditions of "Egisto Macchi" contest, for choirs.
- As pianist and arranger, National Prize " U.Bindi 2007 " with the singer C.Morucci.
- As pianist, arranger and composer with "Luigi Bozzolan Quartet", finalist at the international contest "Barga Jazz 2008".
- As pianist, arranger and composer with "Luigi Bozzolan Quartet", semi-finalist at "St.Louis Contest 2009".
- Finalist at "Jazz-Up 2012" in Piano Solo.