Pianist, composer, music teacher and project leader, Luigi divides his time teaching and performing. He is unanimously recognized for his fine sense of harmony, brilliant technique and strong artistic personality. Recently he steers his professional activity toward solo concerts and piano solo works.
Luigi has been carrying out wide-ranging musical projects for over a decade, collaborating with numerous artists in Italy and abroad, focusing his solo activity mainly on his own concert repertoire.
With his own projects he has performed in most of the countries of South America, Africa and Europe (Italy, Morrocco, Gabon, Cameroon, Poland, Germany, Slovakia, Guatemala, Columbia, Perú, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Kenya, France, Danemark, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway...).
He was co-founder of the Green Brötz Turin collective and collaborated with the Swedish associations Brötz Now and Kluster.
For over a decade he has been steadily collaborating in duo with the saxophonist and composer Eugenio Colombo.
He has given numerous lectures and lectures on jazz and improvisation.
After earning his Master Degree in Improvisation at the Academy of Music and Drama in Gothenburg (Sweden), he consolidates a strong and ongoing bond with the Scandinavian musical culture and art scene.
He is the author of the book "Luca Flores: uomo, musicista, artista" (Terresommerse 2020)
Since 2014 he has lived and taught piano in Gällivare, in Swedish Lapland.
THEORY, DIDACTIC and TEACHING
Simultaneously to the artistic path, he also starts teaching at the age of 20.He taught Classic Piano, Jazz Piano, Improvisation, Harmony, Theory of Music, Arrangement, History of Music, Ensemble and Ear Training as private teacher and at schools of Music in Italy- Rome and Turin. He is often invited lecturer on Improvisation and Jazz (Guatemala, Argentina, Italy and Sweden).
Currently Luigi is appointed teacher in piano and music at Kulturskolan in Gällivare - Swedish Laponia.
- Invited speaker at the Italian Institute of Culture in Cordoba (Argentina) – “Relations between Improvisation and Composition”
- Invited speaker at the Teater of Guatemalan Institute of Culture in Guatemala City (Guatemala) – “Improvisation as method of Composition”
- Lecture-seminar at the Academy of Music and Drama in Gothenburg (Sweden) – “ Brillant Corners (Thelonious Monk) and Digression (Lennie Tristano) : analysis and comparison”.
- "Brillant Corners (T.Monk)- Digression (L.Tristano ) Analysis and comparison" (English, Italian)
- "Extemporaneous methods of composition and creative mechanism of improvisation" (Master project, English)
- "New Impro Ensemble experience and the disc Hem Ljus Luigi Bozzolan Trio, Solo, Ensemble" (Master Degree project, English)